Traditional celebration of Saint Barbara, patron saint of the miners
As every year, the traditional feast of St. Barbara, patroness of minors, takes place in Lasauvage. In the south of Luxembourg, December 4 is a day of remembrance in honor of all the victims of the mine.
- 18:45: Gathering at the boules court in Lasauvage
- 19:00: Departure of the procession and laying of the wreath in front of the “Monument aux Morts”
- 19:15: Service in the open air behind the KA.GI.BI café (Lasauvage)
- 19:45: Departure Minièresbunn Doihl
- 20:00: Wine of honour in the Doihl mining gallery, donated by the Differdingen local council
A free shuttle bus will run between Differdingen (Parking des Hauts Fourneaux) and Lasauvage. Departure at 18:15 and 18:30. Return at 19:45 and 21:00.
Organized by the Minièresbunn Doihl, the Saint Barbara choir Lasauvage and the municipality of Differdange