The Village of Lasauvage has a special history. A walk through the streets of Lasauvage shows how full of history and legends these places are and how they give them a strong identity.
A forge, of which there remains little trace today, was already built in 1625 in Lasauvage.
At the time, the choice of Lasauvage, a village located at the bottom of a narrow valley, can be explained by the presence of three essential elements for steel work: iron ore as raw material, wood for fuel and water from the river Crosnière as a driving force.
As a result, the village of Lasauvage became an important operating iron ore site between the last quarter of the 19th century and 1978, the year the exploitation of iron ore stopped.