Activities and locations

The Paul Wurth Hall
Fond-de-Gras

The power plant of the company Paul Wurth was built in 1913 in Luxembourg and at the time catered to the workshops following an alternative and direct power supply current.

The Paul Wurth Hall bears the architectural characteristics of its era: metal lattice framework with long sections of brickwork and pinions.

The plant consists of a steam engine with two cylinders by the manufacturer "The Coyère Belgique", of a 250 V DC current generator from AEG, and a converter group 5.000 V / 250 V of "Constructions électriques Belgique/Liège".

The power plant was preserved by being dismantled and transferred from the Hollerech plant to Fond-de-Gras where it can be visited today.

Fond-de-Gras, Related activities