Activities and locations

The Rolling Mill Train
Fond-de-Gras

The rolling mill train was built between 1909 and 1912 by the "Gelsenkirchener Bergwerksgesellschaft" under the factory name "Emil Adolf" and originates from the Arbed Belval plant.

The train has been in operation between 1913 and 1989 to produce small rails for railway mine shafts and U and L profiles.

The Department of National Sites and Monuments prevented the scrapping of the rolling mill train, took it apart on its original site and rebuilt it in Fond-de-Gras.

Fond-de-Gras, Related activities